Although lost luggage is a fairly common occurrence for Brits, the reassuring news is that of those who have experienced lost luggage, 94% had it returned and 66% said that they got it back very swiftly.
Says Katherine Clark, regional business development director for TripAdvisor: ‘It is always a stressful experience when you lose your luggage, but there are steps you can take to increase the chances of it being returned quickly and safely. A good tip is to photograph your luggage on your phone before you check it in. That way if you lose it, you have a photo that the airline can use to help identify it.’
Her other tips:
· Make sure you add your own luggage label; some airlines provide these at check-in, but it’s a good idea to invest in a sturdier version and ensure it’s on your bag before travel.
· Put your name, address and contact details on a sheet of paper inside your bag as a back-up.
· Tie a ribbon to the handle; not only will this help you identify your bag at reclaim, it could also help the airline return your bag
· Travel light; who wants the pain of waiting for bags and the possibility of losing them when you can pack what you need in your hand luggage?
· Insurance; unfortunately, it’s a fact that bags do sometimes go missing. Always travel with insurance and make sure you inform the airline as soon as you know the bag is missing.
Go Holiday news : www.govillasandcottages.co.uk
All your holiday needs: IN PRINT - ON-LINE - DiGiMAG - SMARTPHONE -TABLET - BLOG - TWITTER - G+ - FACEBOOK