WITH an unpredictable hurricane season around the corner, the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism continues to give its visitors peace of mind with the destination's "Worry Free Hurricane Guarantee," a specialty promise made by on-island partners to cover any cancellations made prior to arrival and compensation if vacation time is cut short due to inclement weather during a #CaymanIslands getaway.
The Worry Free Guarantee includes a full refund of accommodation fees at participating hotels, condos and villas island-wide, with a maximum one-night penalty at most for cancellations made up to 48 hours prior to check-in as soon as a hurricane watch is issued by authorities. Additionally, many properties on-island are offering a free replacement stay throughout the summer months, allowing guests to rebook for the same duration as the initially-booked stay, regardless of how many days were affected by a hurricane or storm.
Go Holiday news : www.govillasandcottages.co.uk
All your holiday needs: IN PRINT - ON-LINE - DiGiMAG - SMARTPHONE -TABLET - BLOG - TWITTER - G+ - FACEBOOK
The aim of the Go Holiday news blog is to provide daily UK and Worldwide holiday, tourism and travel news, information and comment for consumers and providers.
Showing posts with label Weather. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Weather. Show all posts
Monday, 4 June 2018
Sunday, 10 September 2017
Business as usual in Puerto Rico
THE President and CEO of the Puerto Rico Hotel and Tourism Association (PRHTA), Clarisa Jiménez, said today that all operations related to the Tourism Activity in the Island are working business as usual and guests are continuing to enjoy their stays following #Hurricane #Irma.
The service at the Luis Munoz Marin International Airport (SJU) and the Rafael Hernández Airport (BQN) is re-established, and most of the tourism activity in hotels and attractions are up and running.
Passengers are advised to verify their schedule on the airport's official website: www.aeropuertosju.com.
Go Holiday news : www.govillasandcottages.co.uk
All your holiday needs: IN PRINT - ON-LINE - DiGiMAG - SMARTPHONE -TABLET - BLOG - TWITTER - G+ - FACEBOOK
The service at the Luis Munoz Marin International Airport (SJU) and the Rafael Hernández Airport (BQN) is re-established, and most of the tourism activity in hotels and attractions are up and running.
Passengers are advised to verify their schedule on the airport's official website: www.aeropuertosju.com.
Go Holiday news : www.govillasandcottages.co.uk
All your holiday needs: IN PRINT - ON-LINE - DiGiMAG - SMARTPHONE -TABLET - BLOG - TWITTER - G+ - FACEBOOK
Saturday, 2 January 2016
Flooding in the JORVIK Viking Centre
SEVERE flooding in York has hit the city’s JORVIK Viking Centre in Coppergate, where the world-famous ride around a recreation of a Viking-age street is under 20 inches of water.
Says Sarah Maltby, director of attractions for York Archaeological Trust: ‘When we first became aware of water leaking into the basement, we immediately transported all of the historic artefacts within JORVIK up to the first floor, and they have now been moved off-site to a safe location. However, around half of the attraction is currently submerged, with water under the raised floor upon which the remainder sits. We are devastated by the scale of the water incursion in what until now had been a watertight basement.’
The team from York Archaeological Trust, owners of the JORVIK Viking Centre, is implementing plans to get the water pumped out and repairs complete as soon as possible.
The other attractions owned and managed by the JORVIK Group in York remain open to the public during this period and plans are still underway for the 32nd Viking Festival in February. The centre will remain closed until further notice.
Go Holiday news : www.govillasandcottages.co.uk
Says Sarah Maltby, director of attractions for York Archaeological Trust: ‘When we first became aware of water leaking into the basement, we immediately transported all of the historic artefacts within JORVIK up to the first floor, and they have now been moved off-site to a safe location. However, around half of the attraction is currently submerged, with water under the raised floor upon which the remainder sits. We are devastated by the scale of the water incursion in what until now had been a watertight basement.’
The team from York Archaeological Trust, owners of the JORVIK Viking Centre, is implementing plans to get the water pumped out and repairs complete as soon as possible.
The other attractions owned and managed by the JORVIK Group in York remain open to the public during this period and plans are still underway for the 32nd Viking Festival in February. The centre will remain closed until further notice.
Go Holiday news : www.govillasandcottages.co.uk
All your holiday needs: IN PRINT - ON-LINE - DiGiMAG - SMARTPHONE -TABLET - BLOG - TWITTER - G+ - FACEBOOK
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)


