.... in Megaluf crackdown on yobs
A CRACKDOWN on antisocial behaviour in Magaluf, Majorca, has been agreed by the Balearic Islands government, the local council and hoteliers.
Among the measures implemented are new regulations outlawing antisocial behaviour, the introduction of combined international police patrols, which will include agents of the British police, and a new administrative status for Magaluf as mature tourist destination.
The move follows incidents of antisocial behaviour in the summer in Magaluf.
Proposed measures include:
· A social regulation bylaw will be passed forbidding the consumption of alcohol in the streets, and other antisocial behaviour. This might include a ban on pub crawls
· Police patrolling, inspections and administrative sanctions will be increased
· The increased presence of the Spanish Civil Guard
· International combined police patrols, which will include British agents, will be increased
· Tourist accommodation companies will be given six months to present modernization plan to adapt hotels and apartments to the new rating specifications
The UK Foreign Office has backed these initiatives through Gillian Brion, British vice consul for the Balearic Islands.
Go Holiday news : www.govillasandcottages.co.uk
All your holiday needs: IN PRINT - ON-LINE - DiGiMAG - SMARTPHONE -TABLET - BLOG - TWITTER - G+ - FACEBOOK