- Western Australia: Cygnis Insignis (Latin, "Distinguished by its swans")
- Belize: Sub umbra floreo (Latin, "Under the shade I flourish")
- Luxembourg: Mir wëlle bleiwe wat mir sin (Luxembourgeois, "We want to stay what we are")
- Romania: Desteapta-te Romane (Romanian, "Wake up, Romanian")
- Greece: Eleutheria i thanatos (Greek, Liberty or death)
Adam de worked on the first series of BBC Television’s QI for Stephen Fry, and is the author of The Meaning of and Other Extraordinary Words from around the World – Penguin Books, £10.
All your holiday needs: IN PRINT - ON-LINE - DiGiMAG - SMARTPHONE -TABLET - BLOG - TWITTER - G+ - FACEBOOK