ADAM Jacot de Boinod worked on the first series of BBC Television’s QI for Stephen Fry, and is the author of The Meaning of Tingo and Other Extraordinary Words from around the World – Penguin Books, £10.
- Skum – Swedish Confectionery
- Crap - French chocolate
- Dribly - Italian lemonade
- Zit - Greek lemon and lime soft drink
- Schmuck - German confectionery
- Bang Bang - Spanish chewing gum
All your holiday needs: IN PRINT - ON-LINE - DiGiMAG - SMARTPHONE -TABLET - BLOG - TWITTER - G+ - FACEBOOK