OONAGH SHIEL at Cheapflights.co.uk has tips for staying healthy while travelling:
· When booking flights, select the first flight of the day. The plane is likely to be freshly cleaned. There is less chance of delays and snarl-ups and, depending on the route you’re flying, the plane might not be full.
· If you need jabs, work in enough time for them to build immunity.
· Two to three days before your flight, give your immune system a boost by taking Vitamin C and Echinacea. Drinking green tea can also help.
· To minimize the risk of deep-vein thrombosis (also known as “economy-class syndrome”) pop an aspirin (to thin the blood) the day before a long-haul flight.
· Shelve the suitcase and take a backpack. You’ll be better able to get around the airport.
· Invest in a bottle (100ml or smaller to get through security) of hand sanitizer, especially if you are travelling with small children, and use it liberally.
· Pack your preferred remedies in your carry-on luggage.
· Eat a healthy, vitamin-laden meal before you get on the plane.
· On the flight, direct the overhead cool-air streams away from your face. That’ll avoid having cabin dust and germs blown into your face.
· Drink as much bottled water as you can. Forget about fizzy drinks – they’re full of gas – and tea is a better bet than coffee.
· Don’t drink alcohol. It can dehydrate you, and changes in air pressure causes alcohol to become more potent than when you’re on the ground.
· Get up and walk around the cabin regularly. Stretch when you can.
· Don’t cross your legs. Do some simple exercises, including rotating your heels and wriggling your toes. Use your carry-on luggage as a foot stool to prop up your feet.
· Spritz your face often to keep it moisturized and feeling fresh.
· Sleep, if you can. Not only will it make the flight seem faster, but deep rest will relax and restore you for the rest of your journey.
· Adjust your meal times after a transatlantic flight. Studies have shown that it might help the body recover from jet lag.
Go Holiday news : www.govillasandcottages.co.uk
All your holiday needs: IN PRINT - ON-LINE - DiGiMAG - SMARTPHONE -TABLET - BLOG - TWITTER - G+ - FACEBOOK